About two weeks have passed since the Thanksgiving holiday, and we’re two weeks away exactly from Christmas Day — what better time than now to express what we here at Caster Communications are thankful for. Yeah, yeah, Thanksgiving was two weeks ago… but we feel anytime during the holiday season is appropriate for expressing, and showing, what we’re all thankful for. After all, with New Year’s right around the corner, this is the perfect time for self-reflection. I’ll try to keep this post short and sweet, at least in comparison to some of my others. This is a representative post from everyone here at Caster Communications.
- We’re thankful for the crazy, fun, stressful, awesome, (insert adjective here) environment of which we work in. Partly due to the fields of public relations and marketing, and partly due to the technology companies we represent, our work environment is constantly changing and in flux. It certainly keeps us on our toes, but we wouldn’t want it any other way.
- We’re thankful that even though we do the same job day-to-day, there are hundreds of different ways we can go about doing that job. We understand the “best practices” of our fields, but there is never “only one way and one way only” to go about our jobs.
- We’re thankful for the industry we work in. It’s future-facing and filled with a fun assortment of characters we’ve gotten to know personally over the years. Our clients, contacts, and everyone in the Caster office makes work enjoyable. We’re constantly learning from it while facing challenges at the same time.
- We’re thankful for the life-long friends and relationships that we’ve made through our work in public relations. Our interesting and exciting clients have sent us and continue to send us to new cities across the country and globe.
- Speaking of the Caster office, we’re thankful for the incredibly tight-knit and supportive Caster family (including all of the dogs!) We’re thankful to be surrounded by fun, thoughtful, smart, hard-working (and playing) colleagues-turned-friends.
- We’re also thankful for the fact that Rebecca always has a supply of K-Cups and Coffeemate for those days when we can’t seem keep our eyes open…
- We’re thankful for where we work, in quaint town of Wakefield, RI. We never run out of places to get lunch, a Dunkin’ Donuts AND a Starbucks are nearby (what more could you ask for?), the amazing food that Rhode Island has to offer, and of course we still love the beach even, in the winter.
- We’re thankful for (the random list) the laughter of a child, televised sports, an adorable rescue puppy, bourbon, cheese, toys, and being out in nature. Also for chocolate. We’re definitely thankful for chocolate.
- We’re all thankful for the time we get to spend with our family, friends and pets. We’re thankful for their health, well-being, and just for them being a part of our lives.
Are you thankful for similar things? Let us know, we’d love to hear from you! Remember, just because Thanksgiving has passed, doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate and express thanks for the great things we have going both in our professional and personal lives.
- Tim Viall, account coordinator, @TimothyViall